I want to let you know of ways to keep your mental health positive with some tips, based on my experience. Let me start with physical health. Here are some tips
A. Physical health
1. Keep to a routine- ‘Just like brushing our teeth every morning, adhering to a routine allows us to foster habits that match our goals and aspirations. While our routine helps us develop good habits that are in line with exploiting our full potential, it also helps to eradicate bad habits that do not serve us well.’ (http://www.skilledatlife.com/18-reasons-why-a-daily-routine-is-so-important/).
2. This means, do not let the virus help you make excuses.
3. Keep your teeth, feet, lungs clean (stop smoking). Image trying to get an appointment with the dentist or other expert because you have been silly enough NOT to look after your health? Do not put more stress on your wellbeing than you have to, so help yourself.
4. Expert advice is to exercise. ‘When you exercise, your body releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain. Endorphins also trigger a positive feeling in the body, similar to that of morphine, (https://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/exercise-depression#1). It will also save you on gym fees and latex!
5. Gargle with salt water-it will kill most germs in your mouth, no need to buy environmentally harmful mouth washes.
6. Do not waste food unless you have to; should not have overbought in the panic!
B. Mental well-being
The key goal is relaxing and de-stressing. There are a number of techniques you can use. I will touch on them over the next week, such as:
· Breathing exercises
· Talking to friends or making friends (we are social animal)
· Meditate or thinking on positive things in life or around you.
· Go walking or running in your house or flat.
· Practice a rhythmic activity such as are combinations of physical movements with sounds, beats, or music. Ideal for self-expression, exercise, physical ability, socialization, and culture.
· Taking up the hobby you always wanted and did not do, such as writing, painting, and drawing.
All these, and more will help to fight anxiety, stress, uncertainty, depression, or negative thoughts but always remember you are not alone!